Re: TS2k eating CPU

From: "Frank Fleisher" <r5_6fpen8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> The only thing you can do, short of re-writing TS2k's insulting cpu-hosing
code,
> is to get yourself a dual processor system.  Luckily, for some
> reason, TS2k is unable to hog more than 50% of each processor,
> allowing you to access/run other programs on your Windows 2000 system.

My guess would be that the reason is that TS2k kan only use 1 processor
so it is hosing up just 1 of the 2 cpu's. The other one will be free so that
gives 50% of "each processor".

Personaly i would not go for a double cpu system. Just buy a second pc
and run everything else on that pc and use the TS pc only for TS. Dont
want to do optimizing on your pc running your trading systems and don't
want to do it on the pc you work on ? Buy a third pc. You only need
the box and you can buy a monitor and mouse switch. My guess would
be they go as low as $500 wich is not much for saving you a lot of pain.

> Someone should do a task manager comparison between TS2000,TS6-7 on
> their single-processor system.  If the guys at TRAD still haven't yet
> resolved this basic programming etiquette, then they're all still a bunch
of boneheads.

I can not remember ever having seen a windows program that does not
occasionaly use up 100% cpu. Specialy a program like TS wich can
be very processor intensive since it wants to do a lot of calculation and
disk writes etc. If TS would not use 100% when it needs to, it would run
slower.

Greetings,

Trader