IB's new HTML statements

I'm curious how other traders feel about the new HTML statements at IB. It
takes me about 2 seconds to collect an email with yesterday's trades. It
takes about five minutes to surf to their web site, navigate to "Account
Management," login, go to "Statements and Downloads," bring up the
statement, copy or export, and log out.

Multiply that 5 minutes by 250 trading days per year and IB is wasting
20.83 hours of my time per year. While I trust IB to send safe messages,
HTML enabled mail clients like Outlook and Outlook Express are how computer
viruses spread and I don't have any interest in taking the risk just for
this one source of email, so now there is no alternative to access through
the website.

The new statements, while prettier, are not more organized and are
certainly not easier to understand, and I don't give a hoot about importing
into Excel. I ran this by support at IB and it turns out that IB expects
clients to change their email application to be able to read the new
statements. I am quite happy with my current email application, it is fast
and efficient, and contains all my email archives from the last ten years
or more.

If they won't provide the option of just plain text, how about sending the
emails as a multipart message where there is both an HTML and plain text
section (the plain text section is hidden from view in HTML capable
clients, the HTML section is collapsed to an icon in most non-HTML clients
like Agent).

IB has turned a deaf ear.