RE: IB STOP LIMITS not reliable

I believe IB's STOP LIMIT orders for Eminis are held natively on Globex
itself so you will experience less problems THAN if they were held on IB's
servers.

And I BELIEVE that IB's STOP LIMIT orders for SPY are held on IB's servers
thus you should expect more problems THAN if they were held on the exchange
where SPY is traded.

As a note, I have experienced STOP order execution problems only once where
the STOP price was elected but the execution did not proceed for Eminis, but
that's because they were held by IB's servers and they were experiencing
problems..... But I can't complain...

Bing

<http://www.csidata.com/custserv/updates/index.html#2068>

Regards, M