Re: IB STOP LIMITS not reliable

ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> STOP LIMITS are no longer reliable at IB. Three times this week I've
> watched price dance all round my STOP LIMIT on SPY without triggering the
> STOP. The only way to effect the order was to cancel the STOP LIMIT and
> enter a LIMIT. IB will probably say, "STOP LIMITS don't guarantee a fill,"
> but there are too many instances of ignoring the STOP LIMIT for this to be
> only market dynamics. Means we have to sit there all day watching the
> stupid monitor. Keep up the good work IB.

This is very alarming.

I rarely use STOP-LIMIT orders, but the couple of times I used them last
week on Emini-SP, the orders were executed as expected. Can anyone else
confirm this problem wrt IB and STOPLIMIT orders execution ?

Btw, according to several reports, CSI's latest UA v2.6.7 (shipped to
customers very recently) has bugs in the backadjuster. So you'd better
wait for 2.6.8

For more info look at

<http://www.csidata.com/custserv/updates/index.html#2068>

Regards, M