From: <trader@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "omega-list" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: What would happen?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ernie Bonugli" <ebonugli@xxxxxxxx>

> So  I  am  wondering  what  would  happen if I configure the
> hardware with the MS2000 disk as the primary drive under the
> new motherboard?
>
> Will  2000  reconfigure  and  boot?  Will  I blow up my disk
> (can't afford this)

It will for sure not blow up your disks.

Drivers, like jim mentioned, are the problem. Windows as it is
running now is configured to use mainboard drivers for the
current mainboard.

What you would need to do is use the configuration pannel
and "uninstall" all the curently used drivers. Then shut down the
pc, perform the upgrade, and reboot.

At that moment windows will not use the current drivers
(because you uninstalled and deleted everything) and will
find all new hardware. At that point you can install the new
drivers and you will have no "problem".

Ofcourse it will depend on how good you are at disabling
all current hardware and a litle bit of luck :-)

greetings