Re: Opinions of TradeStation Securities and PFG-Best

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:57:35 -0500, Seth Alpert wrote:
>I have TS2000i and am now trying TS6, planning on switching to
>TradeStation
>Securities or PFG-Best for daytrading e-Mini S&P's.  I'd appreciate
>hearing
>from anyone who has used either broker favorable or unfavorable,
>privately
>or on the list.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Seth

I use TS6 and have used PFG Best. I really like TS6 as a
charting/datafeed platform but their software interface
(Lind-Waldock's) for entering futures orders is totally antiquated
compared to the competition. You are required to manually type the
price each time, and on their "improved" version you also have to
click on month & year, for each and every order! Extremely cumbersome
and slow to get orders off quickly. No ability to set a default
option. I had a positive experience with PFG_Best ...the interface is
easy and fast to navigate and ES/NQ trades going through their B
server were very fast.  I would use TS6 for charting/data and a
separate broker for order execution.  PFG Best would be an option,
with one possibly cheaper alternative being the Patsystems (J-Trader)
brokers like:
www.advancedfutures.com
www.daytrade4less.com
www.proedgeonline.com
I'm not affiliated with any of these companies and have no experience
with them.  Just watch out for the different versions of J-Trader
floating around.  Some only hold stop and stop-limit orders locally
on your PC while other versions send them to be held directly on
Globex (preferred IMHO).

Rgds
Simon