Re: Handling of Early Close in Strategy?

  • To: "Jimmy Snowden" <jhsnowden@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Handling of Early Close in Strategy?
  • From: "carrslem" <carrslem@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:13:22 -0800

I've confirmed that it does, in fact, work properly on historical data.

My concern is not that I need to depend upon the "signal" to exit a position
(I produce a 5-minute warning alert for that purpose), but that I need
TradeStation to exit the trade in order not to screw up its position data or
subsequent trades.

Best regards,
Carroll

> I don't think it will work for an early close day as it probably uses
> session time to exit but it works fine for a regular day.  At least it
> worked today in one of my systems.
>
> The only minor problem is you get the signal after the close and that
> makes it very difficult to enter the order on most securities.
>

> Jimmy Snowden

> >>Okay, I admit it. I've never watched SetExitOnClose in action in
real-time on an early close day. I know it works on a historical chart, but
does it really exit on time on an early close?

> MG> No one has answered that question yet... So I looked into it on the
TradeStationWorld forum.
> MG> Here's the result in a nutshell:
> MG> As for SetExitOnClose, never use this in real-time trading, it will
not work!