Re: quiet cpu fan

> SJE> I'm generally happy with my new pc, except the ThermalTake
> SJE> Volcano 6 cpu fan is way too loud.  Does anyone have
> SJE> a recommendation for a quiet cpu fan for an AMD Athlon
> SJE> XP2100+ processor?
>
> http://koolance.com/products/index.html?category_id=1

I'm no liquid expert, but I'd be surprised if the liquid-cooler
stuff was actually quieter -- that Exos external cooler unit
shows THREE fans.

See http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/2003/msg00322.html --
I'm pretty happy with a Swiftech MCX462 and a quiet Enermax fan
running at low speed, but Tom's Hardware sez the NoiseControl
Silverado is the quietest & best-cooling one in the bunch.  That
link to Tom's is an old review but I haven't heard of anything
else that can cool the hot Athlons any quieter.

Gary