hard disk failure

Hello omega-list,

I have two hard disk on one of my computers, and last night while
opening a file on the 2nd hard disk my computer froze requiring me to
hit the big red switch. When I re-started the computer it took awhile
for Windows 2000 to boot up. After booting up I attempted to click on
that hard drive and I receive the message that the hard drive is not
formatted, asking if I would like to format now. I answered no as I am
sure that the boot record is corrupted. 95% of the data (30 gigs) is fully
backed up on CD's - but it is a real pain to reload it. My question is how do I fix
the problem? Is there a utility that will fix/manipulate this boot
record?

--
Best regards,
 John