Re: A New PC Recommendation

> Can't say I agree with that. Dell has a 2.4 ghz Pentium for $599 and
> a $100 rebate too. I don't see why it's not just as upgradeable as
> anything you would build.

Dell has been known to ship motherboards that use nonstandard
interfaces, notably the power supply plugs.  They used the same
*plugs* as everyone else, but they WIRED them differently.  So if
you tried to upgrade your PC with a non-Dell motherboard, it
would FRY as soon as you turned on the box.

I believe they've addressed that issue now.  But don't assume
Dell builds their boxes to be upgradeable with non-Dell gear.

Gary