Re: Profit Taking --- Round 2 --- Other Alternatives

It's good to have the choice, and it probably comes down to personal
preference.  If you're trading a lot of contracts, then being able to
"hide" your stops may be advantageous but for the 1-5 lot trader I don't
think it makes a blind bit of difference if the world can see the
order.  Just knowing that the order is at the CME and off my PC (which may
crash/fall off the desk and take the order with it!) is peace of
mind.  Plus, if you get caught in a really fast market after a news report
...the lower priority of locally held stops could result in huge slippage
compared to orders timestamped and queued on the exchange servers.

S.