Re[3]: TS2k data import problem

On Wednesday, November 14, 2001, 11:36:55 AM, Bob Fulks wrote:

BF> My SPX data has 2 places of accuracy after the decimal so TS2000i
BF> can certainly handle that.

Yep - me too.

BF> You do not say where the data comes from. Is it in an OMZ file or ASCII.

Comes from TS4, as an OMZ.

BF> Can you see the resolution in the original data?

Yes - I can see  .xx in the original TS4 data. Imported data in TS2k
appears to be rounded to .x0.

BF> You say that the price scale is 1/100. Also check that the Min. Movement = 1.

Yes, it is the same in both, as are all the parameters.

I compared a few shorter lines too, about 20-100 in length. They are
closer, with a max difference of 0.0 - 0.1. This seems better - I
would expect small differences, if any, if enough points are included.

This was checked with a simple Xav, using the TS function. I normally
do NOT use the TS function, but I wanted to try something 'standard'
to avoid other possible complexities. The Xav starts at the beginning
of the chart in both cases, and with identical data sets, should
initialize & plot the same.

Thanks,

ztrader