Switching from Metastock

Greetings,

I am inching my way toward switching from Metastock to Tradestation
because MS can't do the testing I need. The thought of switching is
intimidating.

1) Should I be thinking about TS4 or the very latest version? Since I
haven't used Omega products until now, I wouldn't know how to evaluate
the two with an eye on the future. I have a hunch that these issues have
been widely discussed, and perhaps there are introductions, reviews,
archives etc. I could consult.

2) In either case, can you recommend a book or two which would help me
learn easy language, or the code used in the latest version. Learning to
write the code is my greatest concern, and I'm sure a good basic
introduction would start me off on the right foot. There was one book I
recall called "Ask Mr. Easy Language," I believe. Worth the money?

If these topics are too tedious or repetitive for the experienced
members of the list, I'd be happy to discuss them privately, via email
or telephone (my call, of course).

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Philip Schmitz