From: <tradejack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: edgy situation -- controling energy sources

> name some...a "quantum leap" implies radically different ways of thinking
and viewing nature and the universe, such as einstein's matter-energy
conversion equation and the eventually development of the atomic bomb and
controlled fission in nuclear reactors. really big discoveries require
equally large research budgets and personnel. i don't think that a couple of
guys hacking together in a basement will discover a limitless energy supply.
the cold fusion myth/hoax has damaged serious scientific credibility in the
alternative energy research arena.

> TJ
>
> hey, i love sci-fi as much as the next guy, but to overthrow oil as the
dominant energy source on this planet will require something huge that blows
everyone's socks off. and that can be independently verified and
duplicated...no more 100+ mpg carburator or auto engines that run on h2o
urban myths :)