Re: edgy situation -- controling energy sources

name some...a "quantum leap" implies radically different ways of thinking and viewing nature and the universe, such as einstein's matter-energy conversion equation and the eventually development of the atomic bomb and controlled fission in nuclear reactors. really big discoveries require equally large research budgets and personnel. i don't think that a couple of guys hacking together in a basement will discover a limitless energy supply. the cold fusion myth/hoax has damaged serious scientific credibility in the alternative energy research arena.

TJ

hey, i love sci-fi as much as the next guy, but to overthrow oil as the dominant energy source on this planet will require something huge that blows everyone's socks off. and that can be independently verified and duplicated...no more 100+ mpg carburator or auto engines that run on h2o urban myths :)