Re:edgy situation-controling energy sources

Bill wrote:

>Should we blindly allow "the state" (i.e the President (any President))
>to do our thinking, or
>
>"...is THE ANSWER?  Reason...."

THE ANSWER is reason.  We definitely should not blindly follow "the state".

Some on the list have suggested that oil is the reason we are involved in our present "war".  I was simply stating that the ones who are calling the shots, whether we follow them or not, are not saying anything that would lead me to believe that they would be acting otherwise, were oil, or the middle east, not involved.

Wouldn't you agree that we would be going after these "terrorists" even were they not from an oil-rich geographic area?

Yours very truly,

The Omega Man