Re[3]: The Usual Suspects - Violence is the litmus test for the first amendment

Good point.  One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter as
someone else posted here earlier.   Ghandi in India and Mandela in South
Africa prevailed with non-violent protests.  Castro prevailed with very
focused violence against the Cuban army.  All three prevailed with the
support of the majority of their nations' populations at the time.  Maybe
that is the key.  The Taliban prevailed in Afghanistan with massive
violence against their own population and with minimal popular support (but
ironically, with considerable logistical support from the US -- which was
not above supporting terrorists at the time as long as the terrorism was
believed to be anti-communist).  Maybe the key to deciding who is a
terrorist is foreign vs domestic support.    I suspect the percentage of
popular support in the US for the Taliban would be well to the right of the
decimal point, even -- perhaps especially -- among Arab-Americans, so there
is no doubt that the latest act of terror would be correctly categorized by
this criterion.   Maybe the other side of your posting, ztrader, is that
there are good and bad terrorists and the understandable desire for
vengeance occasioned by this latest outrage should be specifically directed
against its authors and their supporters, in other words, radical
islam.  Maybe the next time the US gives weapons to "freedom fighters" they
will be smart weapons that can be made to explode by remote control in case
the "freedom fighters" turn out to be bad terrorists.