Re: THE ANSWER

> Philosophy based on reason dissolves "terrorism" by showing that
> there is no value higher than man's free life.  Once one sees
> that, committing acts of terror against other free lives becomes
> unthinkable.  It would be a violation of one's own highest value.

It takes an dispassionate, intelligent reasoning process to arrive at
that point -- and even then not all would agree.

In any case, someone falling off the bottom of Maslow's Triangle is
not likely to arrive at such a self-actualizing conclusion.  Given
that a huge percentage of people in the world are starving, and
taught from birth to worship, often fanatically, a mystical higher
power (and usually to hate the overfed gluttons in America), I think
your suggestion is as impractical and unrealistic as the "bomb 'em
into the stone age" arguments.

Yes, it might be the Ultimate Solution.  Just like "Feed them" is the
Ultimate Solution to hunger.  There are just a few minor logistical
problems along the way.

Gary