Re[4]: The Usual Suspects

On Friday, September 14, 2001, 12:29:14 PM, Jim Johnson wrote:

JJ> And yes, I think we will have to help define what is unseemly.  If
JJ> we do that poorly, we will fail.

Agreed. It will probably be necessary to allow significant inputs from
the other countries/cultures.

JJ> so what do you suggest?

The US uses laws, the courts, search warrants to prevent excessive
abuse, etc. We strive to balance freedom versus getting the bad guys.
Imperfect as it is, I am hard pressed to suggest a better alternative
than our balancing act. There will be a huge resistance to something
like a world-wide version of this, though.

ztrader