Re: NeoTicker (was Re: EL to VB translator)

  • To: "Bengtsson, Mats" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: NeoTicker (was Re: EL to VB translator)
  • From: Gary Yakhnes <gary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:39:24 -0700

>From: "Bengtsson, Mats" <mats.bengtsson@xxxxxxxx>
>The quality might be the same if you define it by stability, since Omega has
>not tried to make TS2K very stable yet. Depending what you want to do, it
>might differ a lot though.
>Let us try for example:
>Backtesting on large sets of data (speed means data has to be on your hard
>drive).

The only data which you don't have on your hard drive is the data for the symbols you did not create a chart for. As soon as you create a chart for a symbol you have the data for this symbol on your hd. To confirm this you could go to off-line mode or close the program and reopen it in the off-line mode and see that the data is still on your hd and you could do any backtesting you do in TS2k. Also you have an option to set numbers of days data would be available
on the hard drive for you (default is 60 days).

>Running futures? (I do not, just heared it is not there).

The futures are there for few months.

>Being able to clean the data (which is a real time demand if you do not want to be reminded on the spike the rest
>of the day).

What if the data is pretty clean. Do you still need to clean it manually?

>Knowing that if Omega makes an update, you do not use it until you are sure it is better (will you get to do like that
>when they are done converting users?) . . .

The only way to be sure it is better or not is to test it for yourself or to collect other user's opinions.

>Then, claiming TS Pro better than TS2K because it is more stable is really
>falling into the lap of Omega and their ways of redefining the truth.

For me it would be really difficult to argue about something I never seen, just heard something, and part of what I heard turned out to be not exactly true... There are numbers of improvement in ts pro while some important features are still missing (we discussed this earlier). The overall performance/functionality score would heavily depend on the preferences and needs of each individual user (somebody would not use a product with no bad ticks editing option
while other would prefer the comfort of auto-correction option for bad ticks as long as it works the way they expected).

Thanks,
gary