RE: NeoTicker (was Re: EL to VB translator)

> As a TS4, TS2K and TS Pro user I would risk to state here
> that the current release of TS Pro has at least the same
> quality as last TS4 build for me and it is much better then
> TS2K. As for brokerage account requirement to use TS Pro -
> there is no such requirement and you can open ts pro account
> without opening brokerage acc. as i did.

The quality might be the same if you define it by stability, since Omega has
not tried to make TS2K very stable yet. Depending what you want to do, it
might differ a lot though.

Let us try for example:
Backtesting on large sets of data (speed means data has to be on your hard
drive) Running european markets (you need to get them to run them) Feeling
safe that whatever happens to Omega you can trade a copule of years on what
you have (third part suppliers and owning what you use) Running futures? (I
do not, just heared it is not there) Being able to clean the data (which is
a real time demand if you do not want to be reminded on the spike the rest
of the day) Radarscreen functionality? Feeling safe zero errors are handled
(and no crashes on zeroes, which hardly happened in the old code) Usage of
alerts and SMS messages (currently shortened) Compatibility of indicators
for your old version runing the backtests (if you do things in tspro, it
will not go back to ts4/ts2k) Knowing that if Omega makes an update, you do
not use it until you are sure it is better (will you get to do like that
when they are done converting users?) . . .

Well, I read a lot more on TS PRO than the above, but depending on what you
want to do, TS Pro is limiting the user more than TS4/TS2k did. This due to
decisions and design at Omega which spends time of removing features to lock
in users. As Pierre so nicely points out: The old system writer could do
things that you no longer can do in TS, so system writer gives to some more
of the wanted possibilities than TS4 and TS2K does.

Then, claiming TS Pro better than TS2K because it is more stable is really
falling into the lap of Omega and their ways of redefining the truth. It is
probably true, but true only since Omega abandoned the product and the
support of it, after having released it in alpha state. It is almost like
our pompous Pierre calling Bob Fulks a newbie, Omega and Pierre never draws
any line where ordinary moral would stop others, they keep on telling lies
and renaming them as truths.

I bet an argument for TS Enterprise will be that it is more stable than TS
Pro ever was.

--- Mats ---

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.