Re: No more 2000i in the US

> Just a brief response to your diatribe:
>
>  1.  Despite advising me very early this morning that " I
>  just spent 4 hours composing a response to your post and
>  want to get back to programming, not flame wars which
>  accomplish nothing."  You decide to post your response 5:30
>  pm on a Friday afternoon, before a holiday week-end. (Many a
>  company used that time-slot to release bad earnings.)
>  Unfortunately, I happen to be around.

Sorry, bad assumption. I posted the response at the same time I sent the
email to you. For some reason it didn't come through until the afternoon.
Here is the AOL time stamp from when the post was sent.

<<<<
> Subj: Re: No more 2000i in the US
> Date: 8/31/2001 3:19:12 AM Central Daylight Time
> From: HDD95
> To:   omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>>>>

>  4.  There is no need to discuss your remarks; my goal was
>  merely to make potential traders / system developers aware
>  of some of your practices.  I think you have done that far
>  more eloquently (sic) than I could have done.  (Although it
>  could have been a bit more polished for 4-hours works.)

I posted some friendly posts about a product and you attacked me in a public
forum. How would you expect me to respond?

I am trying to build a software business. When someone starts posting
negative comments about my product or my business practices, I take that very
seriously.

I want to again emphasize that you have never been a customer. You have never
purchased any software or services from me. You have not even seen a recent
version of the PowerST product. Furthermore, the product has progressed
substantially since the April - May 2000 time frame when we last communicated.

It certainly is not a situation where you purchased a product or hired me for
some work, and the product or work did not fulfill expectations.

Rather, you are someone who has approached me six times about my software and
programming services. I believe the first  five times I did a full bore bid,
the best I could do, and we never managed to work anything out. Halfway
through the 6th bid I lost enthusiasm because my judgment was that the
apparent likelihood for success wasn't justifying the time the bid would cost.

When you are in a business dealing with a lot of different people it is
inevitable that some conflicts will arise. When you have had extensive
conversations with someone, they can always dig up something negative to say.

Enough!

Bob Bolotin