RE: I think I have to change my opinion from bad precision to bug gy c alculations

--- "Bengtsson, Mats" <mats.bengtsson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did not understand plot2 being lower than plot1 in
> TS PRO. Plot1 is fixed,
> so it is as I expected the same bug in TS PRO if
> plot1 plots the same on
> both of them.
>
> But plot2, how can it differ? The part included does
> not contain any
> accumulator, that comes later in the original code.
> Could it be that you are
> looking at different dates or got different scales?

Well the data in Pro is from a different source.  And
I didn't check each bar.  I tried to be sure the
dates, # bars, scale were 100% the same.  Plot1 was
the same as I recall while plot2 seemed lower in Pro
by that factor.  I didn't try to find out why, just
posting what I found out.  You have yet to pinpoint
exactly which line/s actions cause the error with
further experiments.  Did you follow the recent thread
on the code list in which many of these issues were
discussed?

I would guess (without looking at your code in detail)
that anything done in TS beyond decimal #2 is wrong or
random.  And that the easiest way to avoid the problem
is to make the internal numbers bigger, which is not
hard to do.

Jack