Re: Volatile NASDAQ Stocks

>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:50:48 EDT
>From: MarketMayvin@xxxxxxx
>To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Volatile NASDAQ Stocks
>
>          Ever since we started trading stocks in pennies I have stopped
>trading them. I just felt that the volatility was knocked out of them. I
>noticed someone post earlier about NASDAQ stocks having a $7- $10 range per
>day. I was wondering if anyone from the list can send me the names of a few
>of those stocks; preferably those trading under $50.00.
>
>TIA
>Morris

Volatility ain't what it used to be.   I can't find any stocks with that level
of movement per day. The highest I find is FCEL at 5.4.  I have only 6500
stocks in the EOD database, so I may have missed a few.  But, contrary
to popular belief, volatility is DOWN.  I am talking a 20-day ATR measure.
Percentage movement may be up. but that's because the prices have gone
so low.  EXDS moves 25% a day - but it's at $2 !

I looked at a report of mine from 2-00, and there were over 80 stocks in the
$10-25 range ($20+ a day: AFFXX, AMCC, FMKT, INCY, JNPR; ABGX - as
high as $48 during 3-00 - that's PER day average, not just one day).   Can you
say buuuuubble ?  It isn't the pennies - volatility has been decreasing
steadily since 3-00.   People have lost interest.  Along with their money.

JNPR , MERQ, LH, SEBL, VRTS, PDLI,  CMVT, CIEN, QLGC are in the
$4-5 range.   That's about it.

donc