BILL Cruz gives us answers - #2 of ?

This posting contains the decision that proceeded the questions presented to
Mr. Cruz at the SIA show in NY on June 20, 2001, from several news-group
members.

Mr. Cruz suggested that we move away from the booth, so as to have an
uninterrupted and private conversation about the points raised by the
news-group members, and we proceeded to a quieter spot about 30 feet away
from the booth.

First I brought up the subject of DATA.  Bill Cruz interrupted me and became
a little defensive.  Apparently he is just a little sensitive about the data
issue, and I just listened for the next two or three minutes.

Bill Cruz proceeded to explain that ALL of the data that was available to be
down-loaded from the Web site was for refresh purposes only.  He pointed out
that the data was not part of any Omega software product and that it was
only sample data to be used while learning to use the software, or to try
out new ideas, or to serve as a source of emergency data when something
failed with the professional data that the user was normally receiving.
Bill also stated that all of this data was RAW data from the data venders,
subject to all of the problems and errors of receiving and storing data, and
that no one at Omega was, correcting or modifying the data.  If the data
contained errors, well then it just contained errors.  If the data was
incomplete, well then it was just incomplete.  Mr. Cruz reiterated several
times that this data was not part of any Omega product and was just provided
as a convince to the users of the Omega software.  He also said that at this
time, there are no plans to discontinue or make any changes to the
HistorBank.com database.  Again Bill stated that this was free data and it
was not intended to be used as the only source of data for actual trading.

I then got a chance to state that the questions were not about the current
data that was available for use with the older Omega software, but that the
questions were concerning the data that was being provided for use with the
new TradeStation Pro product.

Mr. Cruz then smiled, now that he had spent time defending an attack that
was to never come, and stated that the data being used in the new TSPro
product was from a completely different data source and data bank, and had
no connection with the data on the current Web site or HistoryBank.com.  He
also stated that at sometime in the near future, but not in the upcoming
release, the TradeStation Pro data would be able to be maintained and
corrected by the user, as well as a TradeStation Pro Data Group.  Any
changes that the Data Group made to the data would be received by all of the
users, but that any changes made by the user would reside only with that
user.  To reach the TradeStation Pro Data Group, the user will be able to
use a 1-800 number, E-mail and other means of communication.

When asked about 3rd party data, Mr. Cruz said that user defined symbols and
ASCII data, are planned features that would be available in an up-coming
release, and that support for any other data format is not being provided
for.  Other features to be included by the end of 2001 will include Option
Station and Radar Screen.

The new TradeStation Group will provide financial data, financial services,
and software.  The real time data feed, the historical data bank, the real
time order execution, and the associated software, are all going to be of
professional quality and will be updated on a regular basis, and downloaded
under the control of the user.  There will only be one software product for
use by both the Institutional as well as the Retail customer.

The next post will contain the actual questions and Bill Cruz's answers.

Please save this posting.  More to follow.
James Lillard