Re: [Off Topic] IB data problems, not esig or qfeed

This morning the IB quotes were the laggards; esignal thru ts2k and qfeed
thru dynamic trader were both showing the correct last trades.  IB sent
message across their 'tradestation' communicator, the hand in the box
pointing, that the NQ, and ES quotes were lagging.  Colleagues that called
were told they were working on it.  Esignal never lagged.  Qfeed kept up
with the data unusually well.  I don't like paying the esignal rates for
futures, but it's been steady.  Qfeed I use with ravenquote and dynamic
trader, and wouldn't part with those either.  If you want to pay a real
premium try CQG.  IB has the quote problem on extreme volume days like
contract change overs, usually just when you want to trade.  In those cases,
I use limit orders around the price shown on esignal or qfeed, or just watch
the action.  I know a few folks that had to change from the old version of
TWS to the JTWS when they couldn't get the september contract, and some
started to switch accounts to other brokers today.  I tried a back-up of an
additional broker along a different internet route than Chicago as they had
trouble last year with some GTE routers in that area, but didn't like
maintaining two accounts so back to just IB now, although I did look at a
couple other brokers web-sites today.