Re[2]: DTN tidbits (was: advancing issues symbol?)

Hello  Jim,

confessional   -  ok  i  have been seriously hacking at bs2000 and dtn
here  are  some  possibilities.

1.)  adding  network  commands in the dtn subserver key.
2.)  installing the complete dtn feed and symbols to universe then run
     setup  wizard  to convert over to dbc subserver feed, this leaves
     the  dtn  style symbols in the portfolio.  then take and re write
     dbc  key  to  look  exactly  like the dtn key leaving the network
     settings  that  existed in the dbc key.  reasoning that dbc would
     run tcp-ip so why not try and fool it into thinking it was a dtn
     feed.
3.)  i  tried  three  different  tcp-ip  to  serial  converters.  the
     essentially try and fool the tcp-ip into a serial port.

so far only method worked and briefly at that, it crashed and when you
restart  it  rewrites the key for the serial port which i deleted and
added  a  network  command.  try as i may only once or twice i saw the
word  connected  and  data  flowing  so  i  know  it is close to being
discovered.  i especially liked the conversion software idea.
  so  now  i  am  running  a  byterunner  card  and its very nice with
win2000.    i  like  the  dtn  feed  and  belive  it  will  be the bmi
-  dbc choice of replacement.  i like the quote.com via dynastore idea
too!    especially since it can do the history download and conversion
into  omz.  since we are growing in numbers as far as dtn is concerned
we should be lobbying for a heart beat symbol!  i need this bad. mb

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com