Re: DTN tidbits (was: advancing issues symbol?)

Fred <srqblue@xxxxxxxx> wonders:
>Dyanstore can get TS 4.0 to get Esignal TCP/IP and Qfeed to the comm
>port.  The DTN ethenet is TCP/IP why can't Dynastore get DTN to look
>like Esignal and run the Esignal 2000i GS of the ethernet port using
>DTN?

I'm sure the Esignal feed is very different from the DTN feed---
they all seem to be pretty different from each other.  Since
Dynastore seems to know the technical details of all the various
feeds, and the input requirements of the various TSs, I suppose
they can do whatever they feel is profitable.  But it's not
a trivial project.

The only useful feature I thought TS2K had was its ability to
work with DTN, but now I hear it can't use DTN's ethernet port.
One member of this list had mentioned using the ethernet port,
and I had assumed he was referring to TS2K; apparently not.

I think we'd be best served by lobbying Dynastore to hook DTN
up to TS 4.  There certainly seem to be lots of folks on this
list that enjoy TS 4, and I'm sure they'd enjoy it even more
if they could feed it with DTN.  It's really an impressive feed.

I bet DTN would be eager too.  I can report that the major
charting software for DTN, Ensign, is a real disappointment
compared with TS 4.

Jim