off topic / image or mirror drive software needed

list,
i need a pointer on the following matter.

i need to be able to make a back up or image or
mirror copy of
my master drive, say once a week or a day...
in case of failure of the main drive or corrupt
operating system i want to be able to
plug in the mirrored drive and boot to it in
a matter of minutes.

so,  i got me a second drive and i the removable
tray and all.
but i lack good software to be able to do it.
i have dos based "drive copy" and "drive image"
but those don't work real well ( i get errors
while copying drive, etc ) and i don't feel comfortable
using it.

the question is:
- is there a reliable way to back up or mirror or
image your hard drive onto another hard drive
so that in case of sudden failure for whatever
reason i can just plug in the back up drive, boot
up to it and i am ready to go in under say
10 minutes...
needs to be ***reliable, fast and simple to use
and win2000 compatible or dos...?
- is there software that does that reliably and
specifically designed to do that on win or dos
operating system?

i want to be able to make the exact copy of
the master partition which contain the operating
system every day or at least every week
reliably?

maybe drive duplication software or something like that?

so far i have found novabackup and xactcopy but
was wondering if there is anything else out there that
will do it.

thanks.
bilo.