Re: CL_off topic / image or mirror drive software needed

Bob..  I have a Promise controller installed in one of my machines. It's
running W2K Professional with two 30 gig IBM drives. It is setup for RAID 1
( mirroring). I purchased the machine about 3 months ago and had the
controller installed as part of the original configuration. I use a local
"custom" shop to build/purchase my computers. They installed, ran, and
tested several of the promise controllers before installing mine, all with
no problems ...mine has also run flawlessly.
Keep in mind that RAID 1 protects you from a HD failure, but is not a
substitute for regular backups. Example... let's say you contract a virus or
hose-up some files. Guess what... now you have a nice mirror of two drives
with viruses or hosed file ;-)  Now.. if you have a tape/zip/CD/disk backup,
you can restore your system/files from a time before they became toast.
Also.. if you value the many man hours of work you've invested in creating
systems, data, whatever, and this data is stored solely on your HD(s), then
you'll also want to store a copy of this valuable data ( on some sort of
removable media) off-site. Fires and theft happen. Don't have all your eggs
(data) in one location.