Serious books on trading ideas?

Dear List,

Discovering system trading leads to buying Omega TradeStation. Then you see
800+ indicators and a zillion possibilities and you start experimenting.
After a while you read a book like Van K. Tharp's "Trade your way to
financial freedom". But then what.....?
Van Tharp shows how to build a robust system, TradeStation gives you an
unlimited set of tools. But I can not see the forest through the trees.
Does anyone on the list have a suggestion to what books there are on
"Trading Ideas"? A book that answers questions like;
1) How to build a trendfollowing system?
2) How to build a sideways trading system?
3) How to build a diversified system?
4) What are the advantages/disadvantages of trailing stops, break even stops
etc.?
5) Which indicator should I use when?
6) How to/what to add to change such and such ratio?
7) If I have this or that idea what should I use, where are the pitfalls,
where are the strenghts?
8) etc. etc.

Van Tharp says "these are the basic systemrules, go ahead, find out
yourself". When I go ahead with 800+ indicators and a zillion possibilities
I will be old before I do my first trade. Are there any good books in which
I can read what works where and how it works?

Thanks,

Ed Kiers