Re: Serious books on trading ideas?

Ed,

> A book that answers questions like;

What time frame do you wish to trade.....??

> 1) How to build a trendfollowing system?
> 2) How to build a sideways trading system?
> 3) How to build a diversified system?

What type of market do you wish to trade?
trendfollowing and sideways (momentum/choppy) markets
are at the opposite ends of the spectrum!

> 4) What are the advantages/disadvantages of trailing stops, break even stops
> etc.?

How much pain can  you take...what is your risk tolerance?
How big or samll is your trading capital...?

> 5) Which indicator should I use when?

What suits you...what is your style...??

> 6) How to/what to add to change such and such ratio?

What "ratio" are you referring to??

> 7) If I have this or that idea what should I use, where are the pitfalls,
> where are the strenghts?

The pitfalls are usually found with in .......

>  "these are the basic systemrules, go ahead, find out
> yourself". When I go ahead with 800+ indicators and a zillion possibilities
> I will be old before I do my first trade.

not everone can trade and many should not trade..!

> Are there any good books in which
> I can read what works where and how it works?

Lots of good books to read depends on the duirection one wish's to take....??

cheers...
"Gentle" Ox.....Stephen from Australia...!