TS/EL Conference in Vegas

to Mike:
Can anyone give me a review of the TS show in Vegas last year?

Last year's TS Conference was in New York and I attended.  Like all
conferences of this type, you'll find some speakers are only promoting their
services and don't reveal very much and others are extremely worthwhile,
sharing their valuable knowledge.  I would definitely recommend it if you
are interested in developing your own trading systems.  In addition to the
speakers, there are exhibitors offering everything related to trading:
brokerages, booksellers, software, data, etc. and this is a chance to ask
questions and see demonstrations.  I haven't looked at the speaker list for
this year, but excellent talks I attended last summer were given by Stewart
Taylor, John Clayberg, Ryan Jones, Miles Dunbar, Fred Schutzman, Joe
DiNapoli and David Stendahl and if any of these are speaking this year I
recommend them.  I heard people say 'Oh, its the same old thing' so you have
to resign yourself that you're going to spend two or three days listening to
a lot of stuff; some will be nonsense, some just boring, but you'll also
come away with some valuable nuggets.  Also, attendees receive a bound, hard
copy of all the presentations and you can get tape recordings of any that
you miss.
Cordially,
Seth