Re: HD access times

 We are due for a new generation of mass storage devices. it is much
faster to aim a laser to a specific point on a  non-moving object than
resource hungry methods used on spinning disks. The Winchester design is
still the cornerstone of modern HDD technology deployed. With regard to
memory, the magnetic memory interfaces are the question. Any info
appreciated.

Regards,
Monte

ps, will test my ata100 dribble (i mean drive) with norton benchmarks an
post reselts.