Re: Off topic: HD tweak

1800% is phenomenal, for any endeavor.....hard drive performance.....and
especially trading stocks and futures! <G>  So this got my attention, for sure!

But seriously I went to the MS link and what they said raised more questions
than answers:

1.    There was no date on this hotfix......so we don't know whether it
predated sp1 and sp2.
       What dates that were there:

       English version of the fix was dated 04/27/2000

       This page was last reviewed May 16, 2001.......whatever that means!

2.    MS further recommends that, unless the user is *severly affected*, to
wait until the next service pack.  This sounds weird.....they don't sound very
confident about their fix at all.  Of course, the question is, again, when this
document was created and therefore whether the problem has been addressed by
sp1 or sp2.

Bill, perhaps you can enlighten.............did you get sp2 for your W2K.  It
was released in the last couple of weeks.

But thanks for the info anyway.  I'm gonna have to run the test when I get my
W2K system next week.