TC2000 data and TS200i

I'm not really versed on this,  but my opinion is the problem lies more with
Worden than with TS.  From what I have heard,  Worden may only allow access
to their data through their developer kit which is in visual basic.  I've
used this access to do a few things and for me it is satisfactory.  But for
someone like TS to be required to do this, if it's true,  well I don't
really blame TS for not doing it,  but they shouldn't mislead people about it.

Another part of the problem seems to be that the for the standard install of
TC2000,  most of the data resides on the CD,  not the hard drive.  This can
make data access slower and less desireable.  Although I think you can
install the whole thing on the hard drive,  I would venture that most people
don't.

I'd be curious to know how many programs are now using TC2000 version 4 data
directly. Anyone know of any?  It seems like Worden is no longer really
interested in having other program developers use their data. Of course TS
is not that interested in using other people's data anymore either,  having
changed their focus rather markedly.

Any other comments anyone has about this would be appreciated too.

My comments really only apply to TC2000 EOD,  as I have no knowledge of
their new real time product.

Also,  does anyone have the programming interface information for the old
TeleCharts(version 3) that they would share?  I'm sort of learning to
program and would like to experiment with it a little.

David