Re: TC2000 data and TS200i

The part on TC2000 is totally wrong.

The fault is not with TC2000 at all.
Their Developer Kit is both easy to integrate and
very fast in data access.

The problem is with less than experienced activex
programmers maintaining TS2k.

ActiveX by MS design is very complex to code in
non-VB based programming languages like C++, Delphi,
etc. because data passing requires the use of
variant array of variant data. That implies 90%
beginner C++ programmers will not be able to code
the access correctly :)

And if multitasking (like TS) is in use, activeX
would kill almost all the remaining 10% because
of complex MS COM architecture in multitasking.

It is not THAT hard but requires the programmers
to properly learn the architecture and details.

We've built access to many COM-based API like
quote.com, tc2000, csi unfair advantage, etc. with
no problem and TC2000 is particularly great because
it allows ultra fast scanning of clean EOD data
with very very long history.

-Lawrence

--- mking@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm not really versed on this,  but my opinion is
> the problem lies more with
> Worden than with TS.  From what I have heard,
> Worden may only allow access
> to their data through their developer kit which is
> in visual basic.  I've
> used this access to do a few things and for me it is
> satisfactory.  But for
> someone like TS to be required to do this, if it's
> true,  well I don't
> really blame TS for not doing it,  but they
> shouldn't mislead people about it.
<snip>

=====
Lawrence Chan                http://www.tickquest.com
Home of trading tools NeoBreadth and NeoTicker series