Re: TS Pro not updating all windows synchronously

On Friday, April 27, 2001, 12:14:31 PM, Leon Torban wrote:

LT> Quite often, the 5-min chart would be updating, but the others
LT> would not, each window showing a different last price.

I don't run TSpro, but you might consider another possible source of
the problem. TS2k does NOT update the screen properly, and if the TS2k
graphics code has been used in TSpro, this problem may carry over to
there as well.

The screen update problem happens even when run off-line. It is not
very repeatable, and occurs at seemingly random times, but it does
happen quite often. This *might* be what is happening in your case,
too.

LT> When
LT> rebooting the PC, and restarting the application, the problem
LT> disappears, and all windows update reasonably synchronously.

This also cures the update problem, but only temporarily. It does come
back.

LT> I called Omega tech support, and they told me they don't see this problem,

Likewise for the update problem.

LT> although on occasion a workspace does get corrupted, and then the solution
LT> is
LT> to delete and re-create it.

This does NOT fix the update problem. It happens on a brand new
workspace, too.

LT> I do believe Omega on this: I recently talked to TriKinetic (they
LT> make PCs configured and tested specifically for traders) about
LT> buying a new machine, and they told me that, in their testing, TS
LT> Pro has been stable.

The screen update problem does not seem to have anything to do with
hardware.

LT> For this reason, I am planning to replace the PC with a new one
LT> that would have either NT4 or Windows 2000. My purpose is to run
LT> TS Pro in a stable fashion,

Before you get new hardware, try to see if it is *really* a hardware
problem.

Good luck.

ztrader