Re: TS Pro not updating all windows synchronously

From: "Leon Torban" <ltorban@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> This post describes a particular problem with Tradestation Pro and asks
for
> advice on how to deal with it.
> Thank you,
> Leon Torban

Dear Leon,

I did not understand half of what you have asked, and, as in that case
proper way to proceed, I will tell you my things, and let you figure it out.

Just for running Trade-Pro I am using IBM Intellestation computer with 1 GHz
processor and 512 MB memory (600 MHz). I have 10000 rpm hard drives. I do
not keep more then 1 workplace open becase to open onother workplace take
the same time then to switch from one to another, so there is no reason to
keep several open. And close workplaces are updated the same way as it would
be open. In one workplace I keep several charts with different time frames
and Level II and Time & Sale windows. I have cable modem. I use the Matrox
400 card with 2 monitors without any problems. I have Windows 2000 operating
system. And I do not have any other software on this computer except MS
Internet explorer (have to have it to use Trade Pro) and a little shareware
to sinchronize the clock (very important, as Trade Pro do not provide time
for my charts). And NO OTHER software (learn it the hard way).

So far I did not have any problems cased by my hardware. All problems were
generated by Omega data feed and software. They seldom happens. Are they
minor or major depends on what you are doing (are you trading that
particular stock) at that time).

The reason I buy only IBM hardware is their service. For very little money
they promice to fix or exhange my hardware in 4 hours day or night. I know
they have lied to me, but it is nice promice and they do their best to fix
the staff. Fortunately, they use such high quality components that hardware
"never" breaks.

Will be happy to assist you,

Very truly yours,

Alex.