Re: EL Rate Cut System

DH wrote:

> > but its intent was to express
> > the view of a pit and computer trader that 'strategies are superior to
> > systems' when day trading.
>
> My SYSTEM got me long 8 minutes before the fed announcement. My
> STRATEGIC inner voice told me it was really stupid to buy the high of
> the day but I vetoed him and did it anyway.

 If your best "STRATEGY" is nothing more than an "inner voice," stick
with your system. We're all very happy to hear of your success, and wish
you nothing but the best.

> Clearly anyone (system or discretionary) who waited until after the
> announcement missed the boat as the move in the futures was over in less
> than a minute. What was your point again? :-)

 I stated clearly that this was a view held by someone else. Personally,
I have nothing against either approach. We know both successful and
still-struggling traders from both camps. I'll take a winning strategy
over a losing system anyday, and vice versa.

 Regards,
 Monte