Whistle Blowers was EL Rate Cut System - Why ?

In a message dated 4/21/01 9:39:36 AM Central Daylight Time, jejohn@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

 I'm reluctant to buy in totally--it just seems like someone would blow
 the whistle on blatant market manipulation or that some other operator
 would try to beat them at their own game.  And conspiracy theories are
 highly suspect usually.

Read "The Wall Street Gang" By Richard Ney.

Mr. Ney (who is no longer alive), Ralph Nader (still very much alive),
Senator Lee Metcalf (who also wrote the Foreword in the book), and others did
try to blow the whistle. They tried very hard.

The book is about 25 years old now so you can get it easily and cheaply from
any of the online second hand book sellers. Best five bucks I ever spent.

Rgds,

Kim