RE: eSignal + TS 4.0

*OT* Unless you consider alternatives to tradestation on topic. I guess
some here do.

Sean,

Yes the indicators update in real time.

There are still a couple things that I prefer in Tradestation, but all in
all, I think its a highly useful tool. I suspect I will use it as my
primary tool going forward.

What drove me to look at Ensign - we need to review more symbols than we
actually trade, and the list frequently changes, making for a data
management nightmare. Also, I have run into a number of bugs in
Easylanguage that are slightly different in TS2000 and TSPro, and just
don't have the time to wait for the vendor to repair them - if that will
happen at all, in TS2000.

Finally, TSPro is too limited in datafeeds at the moment, so even if it was
a viable platform in other respects, we still need a more capable platform.

PS: I am also looking at Metastock but no opinions on that one as yet.
There appears to be a limitation in the maximum bar length - 60 minutes -
does anyone know if this is so? That's incredibly limiting and not at all
appropriate for stocks IMO.

Michael

At 08:24 AM 4/11/2001 -0500, Sean O'Toole wrote:
>I haven't used Ensign in years.  Back then it was only available in DOS.  My
>only complaint about the DOS version was the fact that indicators did not
>update real time for the current bar.  Rather, they printed once the bar was
>complete.  Are indicators updated tick-by-tick in the windows version?
>
>Sean

IntelligentSpeculator.com
Michael Watkins
Chief Technical Officer