Re: system performance over various time frames

Charles,

your question is making more sense to me now. Simply, the stats will change
on different compressions if you use the same values for your variables. To
successfully use 5 min bars, for example, requires a completely different
system than 60 min bars. Yet, you can do it. I haven't really used anything
but 60 min bars for the most part. In recent monitoring of HSY on a breakout
above resistance I noticed that the 5 min bars where RSI =80 represented a
short term peak. I think many are using an RSIBear and an ATR exit in those
situations with the 5 min bar. But, that's the sword that gets pulled out
for this rally situation. Stocks will be doing different things other times.
So your win/loss % profitable will change drastically if you try to use the
same system during all phases of stock performance.
I hope that comes closer.

Jim Bronke
Phoenix, AZ