Re: system performance over various time frames

  • To: Jim Bronke <jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: system performance over various time frames
  • From: Charles Wright <redeemed10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:29:57 -0700

Hey, I appreciate your effort to give me a meaningful
answer.  The question I am trying to answer is this:
If I trade on 10, 30, 60min or whatever charts, will
my stats change?  I know that my transaction costs
will go down and that is gigantic plus, but will I be
able to count on consistency in my results?

I do trade 110% of full time (I am the system, if you
know what I mean), and I don't even own a working
version of TradeStation, so I am dependent on someone
who's done this kind of number crunching before to
give me some insight.

I have a hunch that, taking transaction costs out of
the mix, the results ought to be somewhat consistent,
but a hunch isn't enough.  I'd like to know what my
odds for consistency are.

Again, thanks for the reply and again, I'll post this
to the list as well.

Regards,

CW