Re: spy software?

On Thursday, April 05, 2001, 3:21:58 AM, olosi wrote:

o> I like to inform you that there is a software around which try´s to send
o> informations back to the internet.
o> The originator is Cydoor Technologies ad-system.
o> If anyone has experience with this kind of software please let me know.

There's LOTS of spyware out there. Many, if not most, "free" software
packages have it. It collects data about you and sends it back, to be
sold to marketers. Most users are not even aware that it is there
because it hides very well.

Check the archives of the Newsgroup alt.privacy.spyware for
information about Cydoor. You can get information about it and ways to
get rid of it. Uninstalling the original software that it was part of
may NOT get rid of the spyware! Cydoor is one of the worst.

Check http://www.lavasoft.de/aaw/index.html  for their Ad-Aware
spyware remover. It works on others as well. You may be surprised to
find you have other spyware too. :-)

ztrader