Re: Setting up a Level II business at home fast!

John,

TradeStation Pro does not currently have order execution capabilities.
That's a "in the future" thing, although it seems to be their primary
direction.

We've looked at TS Pro and so far are not that impressed.

Pro
- it actually mostly worked, straight away
- it is nice not to have to manage the data
Con
- data is currently of poor quality

Since I rail on about data quality from other vendors, I could hardly
recommend TS Pro at this time.

I have never used Level II in my life, despite spending years position and
day trading TSE, NYSE and mostly Nasdaq names, so I can't comment on the
rest of your requirements.

One thought comes to mind - if your speculation capital is only 20,000 US
as your note seems to suggest,  I think given your cost structure and the
pressure for you to be 'right', you are very undercapitalized.

Michael

At 05:09 AM 3/31/2001 -0800, John Bowles wrote:
>I gather TradeStation Pro is $300 per
>month and has both the order execution and the charting combined. I am
>cringing at the thought of spending an additional $1,500 U.S. to bring my
>TS4.0 EOD up to real time status then paying an unknown amount on top of
>that for an intraday feed. TradeStation Pro sounds like a better alternative
>especially if I can get a current customer deal.

IntelligentSpeculator.com
Michael Watkins
Chief Technical Officer
watkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx