RE: Omega or Traderware???

John,

Just one comment - from what I can tell from this thread, Traderware was built (at
least primarily?) with Visual Basic.  VB is a decent way to build a database
front-end, but it is simply not an appropriate tool to create a real-time trading
platform.  The comments on this thread re performance and bug problems are
consistent with VB's performance and memory-management problems.  To the degree that
the Traderware code base is Visual Basic, the chances of evolving it into a truly
useable piece of software are greatly diminished - and this really raises a red flag
about the judgment of the original developers.

If the developers had wanted to avoid C++, they would have been much better off
using Delphi (which apparently is what Ensign is programmed in) or perhaps
PowerBasic (although I haven't used that tool and cannot really comment on its
capabilities).