Re: Please help me before I do the unthinkable!

Steve-

Proceed with great caution. I had some difficulty moving systems
and indicators over because of changes in Easy Language. After I
used it for a month, I went back to TS4. Of course, a lot of the
standard indicators had been written over by the TS2K version and
were now unreadable in TS4. Try opening the TS2K version of an
ADX in TS4. Can't be done.

Why did I go back? Instability of TS2K; different key strokes and
mouse clicks for ingrained tasks; ten other reasons that having
made my decision to go back to TS4 I promptly forgot.

You should be aware that a program which permits TS4 to operate
with eSignal is in beta testing. If you must switch data suppliers, I
suggest you try the Dynastore/Quote.com combo with TS4 in the
interim rather than go with TS2K unless you have a problem with
the data point limitations of TS4.

On 20 Mar 2001, at 19:40, Steve Kline wrote:

> Actually, in all seriousness, I'm thinking of "upgrading" from TS4 to
> TS2000i.  The reasons are mainly due to my data provider, BMI, going to hell
> in a handbasket.  I'll prolly go Esignal.
>
> Anyway, I'm on a PIII500 WIN98 256RAM machine, and wondering if the
> conversion from TS4 to TS2000i (whatever service pack they're up to) is a
> smooth one (data conversion, study conversion, and how 2000i runs these days
> real time, and workspace conversion).
>
> If anyone wishes to offer any suggestions or comments on this subject I'd
> really appreciate the input.
>
> Thanks

JFB
NYC