Re: Blackouts

In a message dated 3/20/01 6:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm curious as to how the rolling blackouts have affected traders on the
 Left coast.  Has your IP gone down?  Is your UPS any help or are the
 blackouts too long?  Can you continue trading some how during the BO?
 Regards,
 Jack. >>

I'm in the Sacramento, CA area.  I've had one of the 'rolling black out'
shutdowns which lasted about 1 hour.  That's a little long for my APC UPS.  I
certainly  wouldn't trade during one of these. I don't  usually use stop
orders in place (short term trading)   When I got 'blacked', though,  I had
my broker work both a profit stop and a loss stop on the positions I held at
that time.  The black out was a pain in the *** but, in my mind, nothing that
serious.  Part of the price to be paid for some bad policy decisions.

Lee Scharpen