Re: CME exchange fees

> CME has revamped its market data product offerings for the retail market
> ("non-professionals") in an attempt to align with the majority of
> customer
> needs while meeting our financial objectives as a for-profit company.

Bad business move.

Obviously, those of us who are already successful trading CME products
will grumble but we will pay up. Those of us who subscribe to more than
one quote service (a necessity given their reliability) will pay up more
than once.

But, it appears the CME has learned nothing from the success of the free
e-mini products. Offer the quotes for free and you more than make it up
on clearing fees. At $60, stock traders, who get their quotes nearly for
free, will never bother to subscribe to the CME quotes and the CME won't
get any new blood (order flow.) Good for the stock exchanges. Bad for
the CME.

<mental image of a CME official taking careful aim and shooting himself
in the foot>

--
  Dennis